- What information do we collect about you?
- How will we use the information about you?
- Your rights
- Keeping your information
- How we secure your information
- How to contact us
What information do we collect about you?
At various times, we will be obliged to ask you, as a Horwood House customer, for information about you and/or members of your family, such as:
- Contact details (for example: last name, first name, telephone number, email)
- Personal information (for example: date of birth, nationality)
- Information relating to your children (for example: first name, date of birth, age)
- Your credit card number (for transaction and reservation purposes)
- Your membership number if you are a member
- Your arrival and departure dates
- Your preferences and interests (for example: preferred floor, type of bedding, sports, cultural interests)
- Your questions/comments, during or following a stay in one of our hotel
The information collected in relation to persons under 18 years of age is limited to their name, nationality and date of birth, which can only be supplied to us by an adult.
How will we use the information about you?
We use your information in a number of different ways; primarily to fulfil a contract and also provide excellent service to our customers— what we do depends on the information. The section below sets this out in detail, showing what we use the information we collect for.
- To manage the reservation of rooms and accommodation requests along with other hotel services
- To manage your stay in the hotel, rooming lists, restaurant bookings, special requests and services
- To monitor your use of hotel services
- To manage invoicing and payment records
- To improve hotel services and the guest experience, to join our marketing communications if you have opted in, to assist with the promotion of our products and services.
Information Relating to your Children
- Limited to name, nationality and DOB, only supplied by an adult to manage their stay in the hotel.
Credit Card Number
- To guarantee bookings and take payment.
- To record the use of services and supply member benefits.
Arrival & Departure Dates
- To manage your reservation/booking.
Preferences & Interests
- To enhance and personalise a guest’s stay with us and improve the services we offer
Comments & Feedback
- To collect information to improve our services and monitor customer experience.
You have rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this notice)
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
- The right to request that we transfer or export elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us at [email protected]
Keeping your information
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you have a booking with us, and for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting.
We’ll also hold on to your information if reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions. We may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even if it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
How we secure your information
Horwood House takes data security seriously, and we use appropriate technologies and procedures to protect personal information. Our information security policies and procedures are aligned with widely accepted international standards. We apply the controls detailed in the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) to all environments storing personal data. These standards are applied and are reviewed regularly and updated as necessary to meet our business needs, changes in technology, and regulatory requirements.
Policies and procedures
We have measures in place to protect against accidental loss and unauthorised access, use, destruction, or disclosure of data.
- We place appropriate restrictions on access to personal information
- We implement appropriate measures and controls, including monitoring and physical measures, to store and transfer data securely
- We conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA) in accordance with legal requirements and our business policies
- To protect your online transaction, we use SSL technology and your personal information will be automatically encrypted or encoded before being sent over the internet. When you enter a secure portion of our site an image of a closed lock should appear in your browser window. We undertake not to share any personal information provided by you with any third parties.
Training for employees and contractors
We provide privacy, information security, and other applicable training on a regular basis for our employees who have access to personal information and other sensitive data.
- We take steps to ensure that our employees, and contractors where possible, operate in accordance with our information security policies and procedures and any applicable contractual conditions.
3rd party provider risk management
We require, through the use of contracts and security reviews, our third-party providers to protect any personal information with which they are entrusted in accordance with our security policies and procedures.
We would like to send you information about products, services, news, events and offers for Horwood House Hotel. If you have consented to receive marketing, you can still opt out at a later date.
You have the right, at any time, to stop us from contacting you. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email [email protected]
- (1) Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features.
- (2) Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
- (3) Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
- (4) Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you. Our third-party advertising partners may use advertising cookies to show you advertisements, both on and off our sites, that are based on your interests. We may allow third parties to collect information about your online activities through cookies to perform their services and may combine the information that they collect about you on our sites with other information that they have collected. They also limit the number of times that you see an advert and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Further information about cookies can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/.
Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected, and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site.
Changes to how we protect your privacy
We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data. If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on our website, or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use our services.
How to contact us
- Have any questions or feedback about this notice
- Would like us to stop using your information
- Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, or have a complaint
You can contact the team by emailing us at:
Or if you’d like to, you can write to us at:
Horwood House Hotel
Cancellation Policy: Advanced Purchase bookings and special rates are fully pre-paid reservations and are non-refundable, non-cancellable and non-transferable. If you are unable to travel as a result of COVID restrictions, your booking can be transferred to a later date, within 6 months of the original booking date, subject to availability.
Our Best Available rates are able to be cancelled until 2pm on the day of arrival, fully refundable.
Deposit Policy: All reservations require a credit card to guarantee the booking.
Check-in time is 3 pm
Check-out time 11 am
Rates are subject to change.
Parking is available free of charge, we have 2 electric vehicle charging spaces (charges do apply).
The Hotel property is completely non-smoking inside – there are designated smoking areas outside the property. Charges apply for any guests breaching this policy.
A pre-authorised credit card is required on arrival if a guest wishes to make charge-backs to their hotel bedroom account.
Meal inclusive rates are for Harry’s Bar and Kitchen dining only. Dinner inclusive rate – £30.00 per person dinner allowance.
Family Policy – Children under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Pet Policy – We have a limited number of dog friendly rooms that can be booked at a supplement cost of £25.00 per stay. Please contact the hotel to book direct as these need to be allocated at the time of booking.
Additional Cancellation Policy – Early departure after checking-in will incur additional 1 night full charge including tax.
Early Check In is subject to availability, Late Checkout is subject to availability. Charges apply.
Extra Child – Charged depending on the child’s age, please contact the hotel direct to ensure a suitable room has been booked.
Please contact the hotel in advance to add on any extra beds or cots for children as these are subject to availability.
Credit card may be charged prior to the guest’s arrival if a pre-paid advanced purchase rate has been booked.